Lemon-Ricotta Bundles with Blueberry Sauce
container part-skim ricotta
3 tbsp. confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. melted
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 roll green apple–flavor
Fruit by the Foot fruit leather
Garnish: extra confectioners' sugar
- Filling: Mix ingredients in medium bowl until blended. Scrape into a sieve set over a bowl, cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until excess liquid drains from ricotta.
- Meanwhile, make crêpe batter: Combine ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Cover; let rest in refrigerator about 1 hour. You'll need sixteen 7-in. squares of wax paper.
- Crêpes: Lightly coat a 6-in. nonstick skillet (measure pan across bottom) with nonstick spray. Place skillet over medium-low heat until pan is hot. Add 2 Tbsp batter, tilt skillet and gently swirl until batter covers bottom. Cook 1 minute, or until underside of crêpe is lightly browned. Loosen edges with a spatula and flip crêpe over. Cook other side 30 seconds. Slide crêpe onto a square of wax paper. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly spraying skillet each time and stacking cooked crêpes between wax paper.
- Blueberry Sauce: Bring 2 cups of the blueberries and remaining sauce ingredients except lemon zest to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 3 minutes, or until berries soften and release their juices. Transfer mixture to a blender and purée; scrape through a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds. Stir in lemon zest and reserve.
- To assemble: Discard drained liquid from filling. Unroll fruit leather and cut twelve 8-in.-long, 1/4-in.-wide strips. Place a rounded Tbsp ricotta filling in center of a crêpe. Gather up edges to form a small bundle and tie with a strip of fruit leather. Make 11 more bundles.
- To serve: Place 2 bundles on each plate. Spoon 1/4 cup sauce around bundles and sprinkle with some of the remaining blueberries. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Total time includes draining ricotta.
- You can make filling, crêpes and sauce up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate. Bring crêpes and sauce to room temperature before assembling.
Video: Limoncello Tiramisu Cheesecake Trifle | Episode 152
Friday Treat Competition: Win Limited Edition L’Occitane Beauty Bag
How to Prevent Buffet Bottlenecks
How to Change Gmail Address
5 Fresh Ideas For Watermelon
Iskra Lawrence Thinks Plastic Surgery Is OK and Needs a Break From Social Media Sometimes Too
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Turns out the British tea stereotype is ALL wrong
This Video Of A Male Seahorse Giving Birth Is Seriously Mesmerizing
How to Inspect a Beehive
20 Clever Pop Culture-Inspired Holiday Sweaters to Put on Your WishList
Mental downtime can boost creativity and productivity
Trump prep for Putin meeting includes tweet-length sentences
The 30 Most Memorable Met Gala FashionMoments
Vaccine Coverage High in U.S., but Measles Outbreaks a Concern: CDC
Date: 01.12.2018, 05:27 / Views: 55135