How to Pop a Balloon
The satisfying "pop" of a balloon can be accomplished in many fun and unique ways. Popping a balloon starts with keeping the inflated balloon in place so that you're able to make contact with it. While it's easiest to pop a balloon using a sharp object, you can also pop balloons just by using your own hands or feet. No matter how you choose to pop a balloon, always put safety first and make sure you're creating that pop without harming yourself or others.
Popping by Hand
Hold the balloon in place to keep it from moving around.The balloon is going to move when you try to pop it, so you’ll need to either hold it with a free hand or secure it to a surface.
- Try taping the tied-off end of the balloon to a surface using duct tape or another adhesive.
- Grip the balloon tightly to secure it yourself, holding the tied-off end for the easiest handle.
Apply pressure to the balloon if you don’t have a sharp object.There are several other ways to pop a balloon if you don’t have a pointy edge. Try using your feet, hands, or any other part of your body to put pressure on the balloon's sides.
- Press down on the balloon until it pops — this may take longer than it would to pop the balloon using a sharp object.
Use your body to pop the balloon.Try jumping or stomping on the balloon, being careful not to trip or fall over it if it moves while popping. You can also squeeze the balloon to your chest or sit on the balloon, putting pressure on the sides until it pops.
Using an Object for Popping
Create an incision in the balloon for a quick pop.Find an object with a sharp point, such as a needle or pen. Push the sharp end of the object carefully into the balloon until it creates a pop.
- Make sure the balloon is attached to a surface or is being held securely so that you stab the balloon and nothing else.
- Scissors, safety pins, and forks also work well to pop balloons.
Burn the balloon using a lighter.If you have access to a lighter or matches, a small flame is enough to pop a balloon. Hold the balloon in 1 hand and turn on a lighter with the other hand, putting the flame close to the balloon until it pops.
- Always be extra cautious when dealing with fire and make sure that you know how to use a lighter or matches safely before using them at all.
Blow air into the balloon until it pops.If the balloon isn’t already tied off, you can keep blowing air into the balloon until it eventually pops.
- Using a smaller balloon will make popping the balloon this way easier as the smaller balloon won’t be able to expand as much.
Turn popping the balloon into a game.To have a little bit of fun while popping a balloon, choose a game-like activity. This could be playing balloon darts where the balloons are secured to a board and you throw darts at the balloons to pop them, or trying to pop a balloon between your legs.
- Other games include standing back-to-back with someone with the balloon in the middle of your backs as you both try to pop the balloon by pushing back against each other.
To pop a balloon with your body, hold the balloon securely in your hand, then apply pressure to the sides of the balloon with your hands, feet, or any other part of your body. You can jump or stomp on the balloon if you like, but be careful not to trip or fall. You can also sit on the balloon if you like. The pressure from your body should eventually cause the balloon to pop, although some balloons will take longer than others, depending on what they're made of.
Video: 50 Ways to Pop a Water Balloon PART 2
How to Light a Charcoal Grill
Popular Straight Hairstyles for Women
How to Balance School and Extracurricular Activities
How to Sauté Vegetables
Love Glamour: Love Glamour Is Lifestyle
Pippa Middleton bags invitation to Diamond Jubilee pageant
Chicago Cutlery Fusion Knife Set
Things to Consider When Choosing a Dog Name
Interior Secretary Zinke Recommends Shrinking at Least Three Monuments
How to Grocery Shop with a Young Child
Easy Salmon And Parsley Fishcakes Recipe