How to Be Cute and Girly
Being cute and girly can be a fun way to embrace your femininity and project a happy, attractive personality. Remember that you don’t have to follow traditional gender stereotypes or try to impress others to act cute and girly—be true to yourself while emphasizing your girly side. To be cuter and more girly, wear soft and flowy clothing, use a sweet fragrance, have good basic hygiene, wear natural makeup, smile often, and be friendly and kind.
Wearing Feminine Clothing
Wear loose, flowy clothing.To show off your graceful, feminine side, wear items that are loose and flowy such as dresses and skirts. This will add a delicate, romantic element to your look.
- You could also wear tops with flowy sleeves such as blouses, tunics, or wrap tops.
Choose clothes in pinks and pastels.Soft colors are traditionally more feminine, so clothes in pink and pastels such as mint and lavender will look extra cute and girly. Light colors like white and pale grey are also good options.
- Try wearing a soft yellow dress made of a flowy material, such as chiffon. You could also jazz up basic jeans by wearing a loose white peasant blouse with sheer sleeves.
- Look for patterns in these colors as well, such as florals and stripes. You could pair a pink and white striped top with some light-wash denim for a relaxed, cute look.
Wear clothes made of soft fabrics.Delicate, soft textures like silk, chiffon, velvet, satin, cashmere and lace are classically feminine and perfect for feeling cute and girly. Find some key wardrobe pieces in these fabrics to update your closet.
- For example, you could buy a velvet dress, a chiffon skirt, a silk shirt, and a cashmere sweater.
- To add more girliness, look for loungewear in these fabrics, such as a lace-trimmed wrap or silk pajamas.
- Many of these fabrics tend to be expensive, so if you’re on a budget, look for imitations like faux silk and velvet texture.
Keep up with current trends.Follow magazines and fashion guru bloggers to stay up-to-date with trends in fashion and makeup. Draw inspiration from photos and advice on how to incorporate current trends into your wardrobe.
- Read magazines such as Seventeen and Teen Vogue to keep up with celebrity fashion trends.
- Follow fashion bloggers and YouTubers for practical fashion advice and inspiration.
- For example, embroidery is popular. Many magazines and blogs recommend floral-embroidered jeans or heels.
Having a Good Hygiene and Beauty Regimen
Use a subtle, sweet fragrance.Your scent will make a big impression, so choose a perfume or body lotion with a sweet scent, such as florals and those with fruity notes. Notes of jasmine, rose, and vanilla are also especially pretty and girly.
- Your scent should be nice and subtle, so don’t use too much--one or two spritzes of perfume in the morning should be enough to last throughout the day.
Style your hair so that it looks loose and soft.Use a curling iron and a little finishing spray to style your hair into loose waves, perfect curls, or a casual updo. For a more cutesy style, try no-heat styles like pigtails or braids.
- To keep your hair soft, use a natural oil-based product such as an Argan oil heat protectant. Work a pea-sized amount of this product through the ends of your hair before you use heat tools.
- For this look, avoid angular cuts, razor cuts, and using lots of product.
- You can also add cute hair accessories, such as headbands and bows.
Have good basic hygiene.Taking care of yourself and putting effort into your appearance is an important part of being cute and girly. Keep up good hygiene by showering every 1 or 2 days, brushing your teeth twice a day, and moisturizing daily.
- You should also care for your nails--apply cuticle oil nightly, then shape and buff them as needed.
Follow a daily skincare routine.To keep your skin clear and glowing, make sure to take care of it daily. Use a face wash and moisturizer at least once every day. Choose a moisturizer that will keep your face looking soft and smooth, and isn’t too greasy or heavy.
- You should also apply sunscreen every day to protect your skin from damage.
Apply some natural, glowy makeup.Being cute and girly is all about looking natural, healthy, and pretty. For an everyday look, use some light foundation to even out your skin tone. Add some pretty pink- or coral-hued blush and highlighter to get that healthy glow. Moisturize your lips with some balm and add a subtle pink lipstick.
- Complete the look by making your eyes pop with some light eyeliner, brown or natural pink eyeshadow, and mascara.
- For a more dramatic evening look, add shimmer to your eyes, cheeks, and collarbones.
- If you’re not allowed to wear makeup, use a good moisturizer to keep your skin clear and smooth and apply some plain or tinted lip balm to make your lips soft.
Acting Cute and Girly
Smile often.Smiling and laughing is an important part of being cute and girly. Having a great smile and using it often is a really magnetic quality. Think positively and focus on the good things in your life, and smiling often will come naturally.
- When you smile, be sure to smile with your eyes as well as your mouth. This happens naturally with a genuine smile, so embrace that slight creasing around the eyes that tells people your smile is real.
Use gentle body language.Having gentle, relaxed body language is traditionally feminine and suggests that you have a friendly and nice demeanor. To achieve this, use relaxed, easy hand gestures rather than sudden and tense movements. Keep your arms relaxed and loose at your sides.
- Crossing your arms or tucking your hands into pockets often indicates tension or shyness.
Have good posture.Standing tall with open, lifted posture is important to look and feel cute. Keep your shoulders back and relaxed--this emphasizes the natural S-shaped curve of the back and looks confident and feminine. When sitting, sit up straight and keep your shoulders back.
- Standing up straight will also make you look slimmer and healthier.
Be friendly to the people around you.Having a cute personality means being sweet, positive, and approachable to others. Try to be kind and friendly to everyone you meet. This will not only make you feel good--it will also be attractive to others.
- People will remember how you make them feel, so if you’re kind and friendly, people will remember your nice, cute personality.
Stay true to yourself.Remember to stay true to yourself when becoming cuter and more girly. You don’t have to follow stereotypes or traditions that you aren’t comfortable with. Make sure that you’re making changes for yourself, not to impress others. Embracing your cute, girly side should never feel restrictive, but rather fun and freeing.
QuestionHow can I be cute and girly if I have to wear a school uniform?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf your school allows it, try to wear some feminine jewelry, put on a bit of makeup or do your nails in a bright, girly color. You can also style your hair in a cute, feminine way. Try wearing perfume, and make sure you have good hygiene. Follow the steps in Method 3 to act cute and girly.Thanks!
QuestionHow old do I have to be in order to be cute?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can be any age, there is no restriction when it comes to being cute and girly.Thanks!
QuestionCan girly girls wear leggings?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSure they can! It would be even better if you could wear leggings with girly colors and patterns.Thanks!
Everyone says that I'm cute and have manners like a little cute baby. I'm also very confident in doing all things. Is it correct to have a manner like this or do I have to change manners?
How can I be cute and girly in middle school?
What are some autumn colors I could wear?
Can I decorate my bed so that it's girly?
How can I get girly friends when everybody is a tomboy?
Video: How To Be Cute
How to Make Caramel Frosting
How to Convert IRA to Roth IRA
Making the Move to Senior Housing
Summer DIY Fringe Hoop Earrings
3 Ways to Color Water
Arya’s handbag is full of peeled-off faces but who do they belong to
Baked Chicken and Vegetable Spring Rolls
How to Transform Your Butt
The Test You May Not Need
How to File a Wrongful Death Claim in California
Selfridges’ Destination Christmas: Gifts For Him
How to lose weight with garlic
Londons best chlorine-free swimming pools
Kate Middleton’s Pregnancy Style Parade