Chicken and Green Chile Torta
By Sarah Miriam Rubin and Reynolds
Sometimes simple dishes are the tastiest, like this recipe that layers corn tortillas with shredded chicken, mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses, and a creamy combo of sour cream, salsa and veggies.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 25
2 tsp. vegetable oil
reduced-fat sour cream
6-inch corn tortillas
shredded cooked chicken
- Coat an 8-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place peppers directly on gas or electric burners over high heat until skin blackens. Put in a bowl, cover and let stand at room temperature until peppers are cool enough to handle. Rub off blackened skin, using paper towels if necessary. Remove stem and seeds. Halve peppers and cut in thin strips.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until softened. Stir in the pepper strips and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa. Remove from heat.
- Mix remaining salt, 1 cup of the salsa and the sour cream in a medium bowl. Mix cheeses in a large bowl.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place 1 tortilla in bottom of prepared pan. Tear 2 tortillas in half and place in pan, overlapping to cover bottom. Top with 1 cup chicken, about 2/3 cup sour cream mixture, 1 cup cheese mixture and a scant cup pepper mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Place a piece of foil on oven rack to catch drips. Bake 45 minutes until hot and top is brown.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before placing on serving plate and removing pan sides. Cut in wedges; serve with remaining salsa.
Video: How to make Tortas Ahogadas // WITH CHICKEN!
Milo Ventimiglia Wears the Summer’s Best Suits
What Do The Numbers On Your Toaster Mean
Best Hair Straightening Creams – Our Top 20 Products
The 5 Best Face Oils For People With Greasy Skin
2013 Long Hairstyles for Bangs
Tuesday’s NailCall: LuxeNails
Turkey Sausage and Arugula Pasta
Stylish New Sneaker Brand Helps People Start Their OwnBusinesses
Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2019 Collection
How to Improve Your Sentence Structure
Givenchy Spring 2019 Ad Campaign
7 Things Your Back Pain Is Trying To Tell You
Is Gary Barlow quitting the X Factor
How to Exercise With a Broken Wrist
Date: 01.12.2018, 08:11 / Views: 64454