9 Flat Belly Chicken Dishes
Olives, tomatoes, and fresh herbs make this tummy-flattening dish a winner. Kalamata olives ripen on the tree, so they have higher oil content—and therefore more belly-slimming MUFA—than regular canned or jarred types.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lg onion, coarsely chopped
3 lg cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary or ¾ tsp dried rosemary, crumbled
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
40 lg pitted kalamata olives, sliced (about 1⅓ c), MUFA
8 oz lg cherry tomatoes, halved, or 2 med tomatoes, cut into ½" pieces (about 1½ c)
1. WARMoil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until tender and just starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. ADDchicken, sprinkle with pepper, and stir. Cook, turning often, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Add olives. Cook and stir 1 minute until heated and fragrant. Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer, until tomatoes are heated and juicy. Serve over rice or couscous, if desired.
NUTRITION (sauté only) 286 cal, 25 g pro, 10 g carb, 2 g fiber, 16 g fat, 2.5 g sat fat, 63 mg chol, 671 mg sodium
MORE:20 Not-Boring Chicken Dinners
Sweet plums are blended with citrus zest, a little spice, and crunchy walnuts, to create a delightfully flavored, low-calorie chicken topping. Citrus zest enhances the flavor of just about any dish for virtually no calories.
TIME:28 minutes + standing time
2 med black plums, pitted and chopped (1½ c)
½ c orange juice, divided
¼ sm red onion, chopped (2 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp honey
1½ tsp freshly grated orange zest, divided
½ c chopped walnuts (MUFA)
2 tsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp red-pepper flakes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz each)
1. PREPARE relish: Combine plums, ¼ cup of the orange juice, onion, honey, and ½ teaspoon of the orange zest in medium bowl. Stir in walnuts (yields 2 cups).
2. MIXoil, salt, red-pepper flakes, and remaining ¼ cup orange juice and 1 teaspoon orange zest in pie plate or shallow dish with fork. Add chicken and turn to coat. Let relish and chicken stand 10 to 20 minutes.
3. HEATgrill to medium-high or coat grill pan with cooking spray and heat 3 minutes over medium heat. Grill chicken, turning once, about 10 minutes or until browned and internal temp is 170°F and juices run clear. Serve with relish.
NUTRITION(per serving) 362 cal, 37 g pro, 18 g carb, 2 g fiber, 16 g fat, 2.5 g sat fat, 94 mg chol, 228 mg sodium
MORE:The Ultimate Metabolism-Boosting Workout For A Flat Belly
This recipe is proof it doesn't take a long list of ingredients to make a healthy, mouthwatering dinner. Serve the chicken with ¼ cup nonfat cottage cheese and 1 cup grape tomatoes for a perfect flat belly meal.
5 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 Tbsp cornstarch
¼ c fat-free egg substitute
2 Tbsp finely chopped almonds
1. SPRINKLEeach side of the chicken breast with cornstarch. Dip it into the egg substitute, then sprinkle with almonds.
2. COATa small, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Cook the chicken 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165 degrees F.
NUTRITION(per serving) 310 cal, 43 g pro, 10 g carb, 1 g fiber, 10 g fat, 204 mg sodium
MORE:50 Little Ways To Get A Flat Belly
Stir-fry is fast, easy and delicious. We've turned ours into a tasty, nutty entrée perfect for poultry lovers. Bonus: chicken supplies B vitamins such as niacin and B6, which help keep metabolism, your engine, running smoothly—a must when you're trying to lose weight.
3 c sm broccoli florets with short stems (about ½ lb crowns)
2 lg carrots, cut into thin diagonal slices (2 c)
5 oz soba noodles
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
3 lg cloves garlic, minced
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz each), sliced crosswise
1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
3 med scallions, thinly sliced (about ½ c)
½ c reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
½ c raw, unsalted cashews (3 oz), lightly toasted (MUFA)
1. BRINGlarge pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli, carrots, and noodles. Cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain, transfer to medium bowl, and cover loosely with wax paper.
2. HEAT olive oil, ginger, and garlic in wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until garlic starts to turn golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add scallions and stir-fry 1 minute.
3. STIRin noodles, veggies, and broth and heat through. Sprinkle each portion with 2 tablespoons of the cashews.
NUTRITION(per serving) 398 cal, 30 g pro, 42 g carb, 5 g fiber, 14.5 g fat, 2.5 g sat fat, 47 mg chol, 366 mg sodium
MORE:20 Super-Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Break out of a recipe rut with this innovative dish. Figure-friendly poached chicken is mixed with fresh ingredients to make a homemade salsa served on a bed of lettuce. Serve with ½ cup of cooked brown rice for a complete, belly-slimming meal. (For more ideas with MUFA superstar avocado, check out these 29 recipes.)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 oz each)
1 ruby red grapefruit
1 c cubed avocado (MUFA) (about 1 med)
4 radishes, thinly sliced
¼ c chopped fresh basil leaves
⅛ tsp salt
4 leaves red or green leaf lettuce (optional)
1. PLACEchicken in large saucepan with 4 cups salted water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°F.
2. REMOVEpeel and pith from grapefruit with knife while chicken cooks. Working over a bowl to catch juice, free each segment from its membrane and cut segments into bite-size pieces, dropping them into bowl. Add avocado, radishes, basil, and salt. Toss gently to mix.
3. DRAINchicken (discard liquid) and cut crosswise into ½" slices. Divide grapefruit mixture into 4 portions and add a quarter of the chicken to each, drizzling chicken with grapefruit juice. Serve over lettuce leaves (if using) and garnish with additional basil leaves, if desired.
NUTRITION(per serving) 269 cal, 41 g pro, 9 g carb, 3 g fiber, 7.5 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 99 mg chol, 188 mg sodium
Prepare chicken breast tenderloins in a fresh new way. We've eliminated the need for high-fat cream or butter sauces by adding flavor-packed ingredients such as sun-dried tomatoes, nuts, and fresh herbs.
4 oz whole wheat capellini or angel hair pasta
3 oz dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1½ Tbsp olive oil
8 oz chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
⅛ tsp salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ to ½ tsp red-pepper flakes
¼ c sliced fresh basil
½ c pine nuts, toasted (MUFA)
1. PREPAREpasta per package directions without adding salt. Meanwhile, soak tomatoes in hot water 10 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserving ½ cup of water, and chop.
2. HEAToil in large skillet over medium-high heat while pasta cooks. Season chicken with salt. Add chicken, garlic, and red-pepper flakes to skillet. Cook, stirring, until garlic turns golden, 1½ minutes. Stir in tomatoes and reserved water and cook 2 to 3 minutes until chicken is completely cooked.
3. DRAINpasta, add to skillet, and toss. Add basil and toss. Divide pasta equally among 4 bowls and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of pine nuts. Top with more basil, if desired.
NUTRITION(per serving) 387 cal, 22 g pro, 36 g carb, 6 g fiber, 19 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 33 mg chol, 562 mg sodium
MORE:12 Slimming (Yet Still Filling!) Salads
Dressings don't have to be boring! White bean puree adds velvety richness and a boost of fiber to this salad so you feel full after just one serving.
½ c canned no-salt-added great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
¼ c extra virgin olive oil (MUFA)
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 lg cloves garlic
8 lg fresh basil leaves
⅛ tsp salt
5 oz mixed baby greens
1½ c pre-grilled chicken breast strips
¼ lg red onion, thinly sliced (¼ c)
1 c grape tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
1. PREPARE dressing: Puree beans, oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, and salt in blender until smooth (makes 1 cup).
2. ARRANGEgreens among 4 plates. Top evenly with chicken, onion, and tomatoes. Drizzle with ¼ cup of the dressing.
NUTRITION(per serving) 256 cal, 15 g pro, 14 g carb, 3 g fiber, 15.5 g fat, 2.5 g sat fat, 41 mg chol, 533 mg sodium
MORE:Guilt-Free Southern Charm Chicken Wings
Ditch your old sandwich standby and pack a lunch with real flavor. Whole grains, healthy proteins, and tummy-trimming ingredients make this a healthy and filling meal (just be sure to buy rolls around the 150- to 180-calorie range).
1 c mashed Florida avocado (MUFA), about 1 med
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed limejuice (about ½ lime)
½ tsp green pepper sauce (we used Tabasco), optional
1 c baby spinach
10 oz grilled or roasted chicken breast, sliced (about 2 c)
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and sliced (about 1 c)
4 sm whole grain rolls (2 oz each), split
1. COMBINE avocado, lime juice, and green pepper sauce, if using, in small bowl. Spread top and bottom halves of rolls with 2 tablespoons each of the avocado-lime mixture.
2. LAYER¼ cup of the spinach, one-quarter of the chicken, and ¼ cup of the mango on bottom halves. Top with other halves of rolls.
NUTRITION(per serving) 367 cal, 29 g pro, 41 g carb, 8 g fiber, 11 g fat, 2.5 g sat fat, 60 mg chol, 355 mg sodium
MORE:How To Roast Chicken Perfectly Every Time
No need to feel guilty about eating pizza. We cut calories, added belly-slimming MUFAs, and turned this splurge into a slice of diet heaven.
¼ c extra virgin olive oil (MUFA), divided
1 Tbsp + 2 tsp red wine vinegar
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
⅛ tsp salt
2 c skinless shredded rotisserie chicken breast (8 oz) or leftover roasted chicken breast
2 med tomatoes (8 oz), cut into ½" pieces
½ c coarsely chopped jarred roasted red peppers, blotted dry
½ sm red onion, chopped (¼ c)
½ pkg (10 oz) Italian salad mix (5 c loosely packed)
2 oz reduced-fat goat cheese, crumbled
4 whole grain flatbread wraps (10" rectangle)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. PREHEAToven to 350°F.
2. MIX2 tablespoons of the oil with vinegar, oregano, black pepper, and salt in large bowl. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, red peppers, and onion. Toss to mix. Place greens and cheese on top (don't toss).
3. PUTwraps on 2 baking sheets. Pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into small bowl and stir in garlic. Spoon oil over each wrap and spread evenly. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly crisped.
4. PLACEa wrap on each of 4 plates. Toss salad and spoon about 1 ½ cups on each wrap. Serve with a knife and fork.
Video: The Best Way to Prepare Chicken for your Weight Loss Diets
30 Amazing Benefits Of Tamarind (Imli) For Skin, Hair, And Health
Do You Need a Personalized Hydration Plan to Maximize Performance
Chicken Cutlets Pomodoro
How to Walk
The most eye-popping royal engagement rings ever
Instagram Insta-Glam: BrownLipstick
10 Awesomely Innovative Hot Dogs
8 Powerful Reasons to Love Your Enemies
How to Make Banana Raspberry Pie
How to Be Happy when You Are Grounded
What it’s really like to work with Leonardo DiCaprio
These David’s Bridal Wedding Dresses Are 99Seriously
The Outfits We Always Wear With Mules