11 Superfoods for Weight Loss
Superheroes can’t help us lose weight—but superfoods can. These foods deliver power doses of the fiber, protein, and nutrients you need to shed pounds and keep them off. Start looking and feeling better than you have in years by stocking the fridge and pantry with these weight loss superfoods:
- Apples: These gems are a perfect weight loss food: they’re low in calories, fat, and sodium but packed with vitamins and minerals. They are also fiber-fabulous, with enough of it to help you feel fuller longer—so you can avoid those snack attacks. Try these apple-licious Baked Apple Chips.
- Kale: All hail kale! This superfood is loaded with fiber to help you feel full, plus it has plenty of vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients to nourish your muscles and cells. Give it a go with our Skinny Kale Burgers.
- Lentils: A popular food in many parts of the world, this legume is high in protein, iron, and B vitamins. Lentils are also fiber superheroes, keeping insulin levels stable throughout the day.
- Salmon: Wild salmon is low in saturated fat and calories, making it a tasty addition to any weight loss plan. It’s also packed with the omega 3 fatty acids that protect joints from the achiness of arthritis.
- Blueberries: Who knew something so small could have such a big impact on health and weight loss? Super-high in antioxidants and filling fiber, blueberries are perfect by themselves or a great addition to yogurt, oatmeal, and baked goods.
- Pomegranates: Eating any type of fruit is important for losing weight, but we love this fuchsia-colored fruit because it’s low in calories and high in antioxidants and fiber. Try it in our Skinny Slow Cooker Pomegranate Chicken Breast.
- Chili peppers: The secret behind chili pepper’s weight loss punch is in its high levels of capsaicin, the same substance that gives these veggies their kick. Research suggests that capsaicin fights flab by triggering protein changes within the body . Spice up dinner—and your weight loss—with this Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken Soup.
- Greek yogurt: This creamy alternative to regular yogurt packs a protein punch—it has about 2x as much of this muscle builder as the regular variety. Plain Greek yogurt is also a smart, healthy substitute for sour cream in your favorite recipes.
- Quinoa: There’s a good reason you’re hearing more about this superfood. Quinoa has about 8 grams per cup—among the highest protein content of any grain. Try it here in our easy Quinoa and Vegetable Stir Fry.
- Avocados:Awesome avocados are high in healthy unsaturated fat, which is key to increasing HDL (good) cholesterol levels. They’re also a great source of potassium, which aids muscle function, and magnesium, which helps the body metabolize carbs and fats.
- Chia seeds: Yes, those seeds used in throwback planters are a surprising source of good-for-you nutrients. Chia seeds offer plenty of filling fiber, along with omega 3 fatty acids to fight inflammation. Their nutty flavor makes them a delicious addition to salads, sauces, and Greek yogurt.
Take control of your diet by adding these weight loss superfoods to your grocery list.
Video: 11 Superfoods Healthier Than Kale – Saturday Strategy
EXCLUSIVE: How To Survive Trauma
How to Bake Buns
The Unexpected Juice That Lowers Your Blood Pressure Naturally
Optiflex Sport Reviews
How to Make Rainbow Pancakes
Stretch Mark Creams: Should You Even Bother
7 Things To Do If You’re Single On Valentine’s Day
List of Vegan Food and Drinks
Burberry Spring 2019 Campaign Featuring the Biggest Models
How to Make Barbecued Green Beans and Potatoes
Top 15 Hair Waxing Kits For 2019
The 5 Best Sneakers On Sale For Amazon Prime Day
Angelina Jolie wows at premiere
How to Change Between Tower and Desktop Orientations in a Compaq Evo Tower